Sunday 15 February 2009

Valentine’s Day in Dalseo

Although I had never celebrated a Valentines Day in my life, this year I badly wanted to, the rebel within egging me on to dare the moral police back home. But just a couple of days prior to it I was told that I will be presenting the proposal for a highly technical Aerospace Engineering project to an international team of experts on the same day. I received the full draft of over 100 pages on the eve of the D-day and spent a sleepless night digging it in. Having never made a business presentation in my life, I prepared for the show putting myself at ease and trusting my ability to summon something out of thin air as the deadline neared.
The day began on a brighter note when at six in the morning, my Professor came carrying a large pack of chocolates gifted to him by his wife. Biting into the chocolates in the early morning cold, we set out on our three hour journey to the Aerospace R&D center of Hanwha Corporation in Cheonan. I had my first ride in a limousine, cruising at an average speed of 150 kmph. The presentation lasted for about an hour which was followed by the brain storming. The whole process lasted for about six hours. I slept through the entire return journey.
Once home, I jumped into the shower to recharge myself in hot water, changed over to the pink: pink shirt to be precise, lit the candles, kept the red roses I had bought on the table near to it, poured the red wine into my glass, and switched on the music on my laptop: the favorite songs of love among the play lists.
And I celebrated the Valentines Day, sipping the French wine and listening to 'My Heart Will Go on.....'........
......alone........

4 comments:

Abhi said...

What a valentine's day sir. Awesome way to put it. Nice set of things to own; pink shirt, love songs, red roses. So UNLIKE the Abhilash SIR i knew. But then you're no longer a SIR, you're back to your student days i believe.

Belated valentine's day wishes sir. Great post :)

Hari said...

I loved the last sentence of this post!

Ditto, sir. :-(

Unknown said...

You're the BEST! :-)

Like Hari said, I too loved the last sentence.

manoranjini said...

Belated wishes !

That eve must have been lovely.. I envy you that sense of completeness which makes you say, 'i am my valentine' ,without a trace of regret!!