Sunday 21 January 2007

All the Answers a Teacher Knows Not......

The other day, I was walking in the woods.
I saw a fallen leaf, through its intricate patterns, begging for my attention.
It was asking me, between the lines and curves,
"Can you tell from which tree I came?"
I looked up and around, but.......... all the trees had similar leaves.........

A year before, I'd met up with a man,
of dignified manners and degrees to flaunt.
And he also had a question up his sleeve.
"Your Mother belongs to this and Father to that!, Where do 'you' belong?"
I looked down and around, and the ground was full of fallen leaves..........

And all the answers, a Teacher knows not...............

10 comments:

Hari said...

Wow.. Rocking pst.. I have never ever thought of such a thing sir.. "Where do i Belong?? " and the thought of such a question really intrigues me.. makes me confused...
Sir.. Keeep bloggin sir.. Waiting for more leaves out of u r life.. So that we can learn a thing or two..

Bhavu said...

Sir, how can a dead (fallen) leaf speak...

Abhilash Suryan said...

It can Bhavu, listen carefully, you too can hear it. Not only the fallen leaves, the roaring waves of the sea, the stone carvings on the temples that you visit, and all such things that you think are silent can tell you several stories, spread over centuries, some interesting, some tragic. Try to listen to them. You'll feel the difference.

PV said...

:)

Bhavu said...

Sir, I don't like to hear stories containing confusing Questions.. So, i don't wantd to listen to dem!!

Abhilash Suryan said...

As you wish, all men aren't alike :-)

Abhi said...

Very touching story indeed, made me think about it for a second! But then who's got the time in this world to look at things that fall off after the end of their lives??

That's a question i would like to be answered!

Abhilash Suryan said...

But I've no answer, as I mentioned.

Unknown said...

"The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts" - Bertrand Russell

Chrisy Issac said...

YOU belong to THEM !!!!!