Friday 13 March 2009

Mere Paas Bhi Maa Hai..

It was Friday the 13th and the laser pulse synchronizer was reluctant to respond. Having given up, I sat down to scribble. The words were very much there, I was sure, but refused to come down to the fingertips. I got up and strolled up the stairs to be out on the terrace and there came the rains. The winds weren't kind either and lashed out hard and cold. Looking up at the dark sky, I had the fleeting glimpse of the moon hurrying behind the clouds and the Blue Mountains at the distance had already grabbed some of the darkest of the lot right over them. Drenched in rain drops and back on the table, the hysteretic reflected shock waves were in no mood to relent. The fogging droplets giggled, daring me to chase them down to their evaporation distance and I had lost count of the separated droplets from the centrifugal vortex. I hadnt called home for a while and the thought was fuming somewhere in the back burner. I logged onto the net, longing for a lifeline and there she was, Amma!! With a bright green spot to her right, J she had somehow managed to find her way to me on the web. Struggling for words, I merely typed down Amme, Good Morning and she responded with a thanq, Appaa and thus we exchanged our first words across the World Wide Web..on Friday, the 13th.

Forget the moon and the Blue Mountains, Mere Paas Bhi Maa Hai J

6 comments:

Abhi said...

Sir, this post brought a tear to my eyes. I really could imagine the feelings in the post as this was how i too felt when i first had a video chat with my family after months of being on the job. They were also thrilled to see me. The entire house was waiting in front of the Cam to get to see me and to show their happy and anxious faces. I loved reading this one.

Enjoy the chat experience sir.

Anonymous said...

"Amma" means a lot. There is always a joy in getting back to one's family esp to "Amma". So 13th was infact an emotional buster.

manoranjini said...

Absolutely touching ...and your writing is just getting more beautiful with each new post here .. :-)

Unknown said...

she'll always be with us, no matter what...

Gingerbread & Me said...

:)
Mothers, what would we do without them?

Mango said...

:-)