Friday 2 March 2007

On O’Toole missing the Oscar yet again and its Impact on My Life……

It was yet another ‘so near, yet so far’ experience for the versatile Irish actor Peter O’Toole when the 79th Annual Academy Awards were announced.

In 1993, when the Academy of Motion Picture of Arts & Sciences offered him a ‘Lifetime Achievement’ Oscar, he told them to wait till he was 80 for he was “still in the game and might yet win the bugger outright”! The Irish optimism, they call it.

But for the eighth time, the 74 year old veteran ended up being the ‘Best Man’. Well, is there a parallel! How many times, ... . .... ... .... ...

Each time I fell in the field, the flag went up, finding fault with me! ‘I was, probably, diving’, and the ‘Referee’ may not have missed that, He rarely misses any for that matter.

In spite of the ‘close miss’, O’Toole refuses to quit the race. Some borrowed Irish optimism and the role he played in 'Venus' make me feel that I'm still in with a chance of ...........

...............of ............................. of a proper fall :-)

But wait, I refuse to follow the rules.......

No comments: