Saturday 16 June 2007

When I Surprised Myself!

The Smiles From My Shelf [3]

It's quite some time since my last post on this topic. Not that I had run out of 'Smiles' to post, perhaps I was not in the mood for a smile, or to write about one.

One day this past week as I was driving to college I saw a colleague and stopped my car by the side of the road. In another couple of minutes I heard a screeching noise followed by a thud at the rear. On looking back I saw a young man on his bike, struggling to move his vehicle away from the back of mine, his head bowed in apparent embarassment. I sat on in the car without bothering to get down to check the extent of damage he had caused. He slowly and hesitantly moved his bike to my side. With no words spoken and without raising his head he smiled at me through the corners of his eyes, a guilty smile.

And for once I managed to 'retaliate' with a broader smile, albeit with a tinge of reprehension!

Now that surprised me for I had never thought of myself as someone capable of doing that.....

Signs of aging and disinterest?!

2 comments:

Abhi said...

"aging and disinterest?"

Maybe, but i am not a judge of such things! But i feel, you shd look at it from the point of view of the poor guy who hit you. Avante oru avastha. Vallathe kashtam aan. I have been in that situation a couple of times(dnt exactly rem, ichiru und). Liked what you did to him. Wish i had got the same treatment from the guys whom i had bumped into.

gasmutai said...

yeah, but abhi, u must realize that in ur case, momentum would be greater as P proportional to Mass :-D